Friday, September 14, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman

I'm a bit of a sucker for fairy tales, probably even more so when they're reimagined and twisted a bit.

So, I'm excited for this week's DVD/Blu-Ray release of Snow White and the Huntsman. It came out on Tuesday and, while I haven't had a chance to see it yet (in theaters or the video release), the trailers have definitely piqued my interest.

Mirror Mirror and Snow White and the Huntsman (IMDb) were two Snow White movies, released around the same time (they bumped them apart a bit) that, while quite different, both featured a Snow White who wasn't simply laying around, waiting for her prince to come save her. She wasn't the Disney version of Snow White. She wasn't a damsel in distress who couldn't do anything for herself.

As much as I loved 'Mirror Mirror' with as different as Snow White and the Huntman looks - with Kristen Stewart's Snow White in armor and Charlize Theron's evil Queen Ravenna looking deadly but also pretty amazing in the clips - I can't wait to see it. It looks like a great, darker twist on the tale.


Movie synopsis from IMDb:
In a twist to the fairy tale, the Huntsman ordered to take Snow White into the woods to be killed winds up becoming her protector and mentor in a quest to vanquish the Evil Queen.

ThinkJam, helping promote the film's release sent along some things I could post, here's one I think is fun:


(click to view a larger version)


2 comments:

  1. I just watched Snow White and the Huntsmen this Tuesday. I'd heard from a lot of people that it was really good, but I just didn't get it. I felt like the story had a ton of potential and it just didn't follow through on any of it. I actually think that the synopsis and trailers are a tad misleading. It was okay, just didn't live up to the hype for me. I can't wait to see what you think of it!

    I did however love Mirror, Mirror. It has definitely become one of my favorite Snow White stories, behind the show Once Upon A Time, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually think that the synopsis and trailers are a tad misleading.
      Ooh, that's too bad because they really do look so good. I'm hoping I get to see it soon!

      I loved Mirror, Mirror. I was expecting it to just be cutesy but there was more to it than that :)

      I really need to watch Once Upon a Time. I saw a few episodes but then fell way behind (I need DVR)!

      Delete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...