Sunday, July 22, 2012

You Remind Me . . .

I love the cover for Susan Dennard's Something Strange and Deadly (out July 24th) just realized today what it reminded me a bit of: the art for the TV show Revenge, the first season DVDs specifically . . .

Revenge: First Season DVD Something Strange and Deadly (#1)
by Susan Dennard
I love that the 'G's are loopy and different from the other letters on both of them, too! They're both very evocative covers and I think it's fabulous that the plot of Revenge is so different from that of Something Strange and Deadly (or what I think it is - can't wait to read it!) yet the covers have these similarities.

What do you think? Any other book, movie/TV covers that look similar or remind you of each other?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Revenge yet but I really want to! The similarities are there, you're so right.

    Looking forward to reading Something Strange and Deadly.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to see Revenge but then kept forgetting to watch it (I'm one of those few people without a DVR ;)). It looks fun and soapy for the summer, though, so I may see about renting it.

      Definitely looking forward to SSaD, too!

      Delete
  2. Ooh! They are similar. I think they're both really cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? Can't wait to read SSaD soon :)

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...