Tuesday, April 17, 2012

SBBS: Day 22 ~ Cat Patrick

Spring Break Blog Spectacular ~ Cat Patrick interview


Today's guest is Cat Patrick author of Forgotten and the soon to released Revived. I absolutely, absolutely love Forgotten and I also really cannot wait to read Revived, either (it definitely has a fabulous sounding synopsis! - see below). Enjoy the interview (and I'll have a review of Revived before too long, I'm sure.

Interview:



Ideal spring break destination: ski chalet or tropical beach villa?
Tropical beach villa. I’m a waste of a person who grew up in the Rocky Mountains. Once I twisted my knee on a green/easy hill and had to come down the mountain strapped to a sled.

In high school/college which was more likely spotting you on MTV’s Spring Break or just you and your friends enjoying the week off?
Just me and my friends enjoying the week.

What was your favorite Spring Break ever (where and/or why)? Or if you didn't go on spring break trips, where did you always want to go?
I was on the dance team in college and every year, the regional tournament took place smack in the middle of Spring Break. One year, my closest friends and I decided to spice up the week, so we road-tripped to Albuquerque by way of Las Vegas. In case you’re not familiar with the area, Albuquerque is nine hours directly south of where we started in Wyoming. Las Vegas is nine hours in the completely wrong direction, plus nine more hours to get to Albuquerque. So, not just a little bit out of the way. But it was worth it for the laughs, laughs and even more laughs...to this day, it's one of my favorites. 

Fly and have the fun be at the destination or road trip and have the journey be at least half the fun?
Road trip. I like road mixes and stopping in unexpected places. Also, I really hate flying.

Do any of your Revived (or Forgotten) characters take Spring Break trips (not necessarily in the book but maybe before)?
I can see Daisy, from Revived, taking a trip with the new friends she meets in the book. London, from Forgotten, has never taken a Spring Break trip…or at least she doesn’t remember it. But she does remember one from her future—she’ll go to a tropical destination in college with her best friend, Jamie.

Where would their ideal Spring Break destination be? (Together or on their own.)
I think they’d have a nice time together touring a city like New York, Paris or London.

Which of your characters (in Forgotten, Revived or something upcoming/in progress) would you most have liked to have met on a Spring Break trip?
From Revived, Daisy’s “father” Mason is a strong, silent hottie. I’d be okay with him buying me a fruity drink.

Best book to read on Spring Break or a road trip?
Ooh…how about one of John Green’s books? He’s the King of the Road Trip. I just (finally) read Paper Towns and loved it; I also smiled my way through An Abundance of Katherines.

Thank you, Cat! :)
-----




about Revived:
As a little girl, Daisy Appleby was killed in a school bus crash. Moments after the accident, she was brought back to life.

A secret government agency has developed a drug called Revive that can bring people back from the dead, and Daisy Appleby, a test subject, has been Revived five times in fifteen years. Daisy takes extraordinary risks, knowing that she can beat death, but each new death also means a new name, a new city, and a new life. When she meets Matt McKean, Daisy begins to question the moral implications of Revive, and as she discovers the agency’s true goals, she realizes she’s at the center of something much larger—and more sinister—than she ever imagined.
----


Revived on Goodreads, Book Depository, Amazon

Cat Patrick on Goodreads, her website, @seecatwrite on Twitter or Facebook

----

 Everyone else agrees that Cat Patrick has some fantastic covers, right? I still love the Australian (slash Spanish cover) of Forgotten.

5 comments:

  1. Ouch! I hope not too many people were watching on that easy hill. That would have been a bit embarrasing.

    I loved Forgotten and I can't wait to read Revived. The covers are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Green is too good! Paper Towns was fabulous. I'd love to visit London one day. Paris is utterly breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've started Forgotten and I'm currently liking it :)So I'm sure Revived would be nice.

    That's a heck of a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgotten was amazing!!!! I can't wait to get a copy of Revived.

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...