Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday

This week I’m actually waiting on about fifty books’ releases it feels like but I’ve managed to select two I’m uber excited about for my post:

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

forgotten

Here’s one of the summaries from Goodreads:
With the intrigue of "Memento" and the romance of "The Time-Traveller's Wife", "Forgotten" is the perfect YA novel.

Here's the thing about me: I can see my future, but my past is a blank. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, but not what I ate for dinner last night. I get by with the help of notes, my mom and my best friend Jamie, and the system works...Until now. Everything's falling apart. Jamie's going of the rails. My mom is lying to me. And I can't see the boy I love in my future...

"Forgotten" is the story of a girl for whom yesterday is lost, today is an adventure, and tomorrow is a memory. This is an unforgettable read


With this book you really only need to read the synopsis to know why I think it’s so amazing sounding and why I’m anxiously, anxiously awaiting it’s release . . . if you’re not awaiting it now, too then go back and reread the synopsis and then look at that cover some more.

Waiting on it yet? I thought so. The premise is just so intriguing (in a way that makes that word sound much too terribly generic) in all the best ways.

Can’t wait for this one.

(The movie rights have already been bought, too!!)

Side note: I’m pretty sure that’s the Australian cover and the little one if you click on the ‘paper'back’ version on Goodreads is the US one but I love it so much I’m putting it with the post (: (See the covers here, too)

June 7, 2011 from Little Brown Books for Young Readers (with slightly different dates for AUS & UK versions)

Goodreads/Amazon/Book Depository


Beauty Queens
by Libba Bray

beautyqueensFrom bestselling, Printz Award-winning author Libba Bray, the story of a plane of beauty pageant contestants that crashes on a desert island.

Teen beauty queens. A "Lost"-like island. Mysteries and dangers. No access to email. And the spirit of fierce, feral competition that lives underground in girls, a savage brutality that can only be revealed by a journey into the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Oh, the horror, the horror! Only funnier. With evening gowns. And a body count.


It’s Miss Teen USA (or Miss Congeniality minus the FBI) meets Lord of the Flies – how could I not have to read this?! (And yes, that’s a short why, but it’s all I need.)

May 24, 2011 from Scholastic

Goodreads/Amazon/Book Depository


________

(Also, figuring out contest winner now--posting later!)

2 comments:

  1. Forgotten sounds really good. I'll have to add it to my TBR list which is huge! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Neri

    My TBR list is HUGE, too . . . but I keep finding great books I want to read faster than I can rad them ;)

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...