Monday, August 25, 2008

Contests!!

The whole layout of The Book . . . Spot right now looks really funky but I'm not sure it's not just the computer I'm using (it's having some serious internet issues) but if it is looking strange for you, too (either a blue background not black or the whole header and content way over to the right--enough that you have to scroll over--and not centered), let me know?

Anyway, I was supposed to be posting reviews today, but as often happens, I got distracted...I spent the afternoon chewing way too much Fruit Sorbet Orbit gum, making sure my dogs didn't knock each other around too much....and entering contests.

I thought you might want to do the same (well the latter at least...the gum thing for one made me feel kind of sick, though I'm sure it was just the quantity--and my dogs aren't on loan) so here are some links:


Violet in Private by Melissa Walker Giveaway at Read, Read, Read: HERE ends August 30 at 8pm

Blood of the Muse has a giveaway for a signed copy of the Harry Dresden book White Night: HERE ends August 31 (not a YA book)

The Compulsive Reader has an Author Spotlight contest for The Center of the Universe: HERE ends August 30


Author Kelly Parra has three contests at Invisible Touch, one each for August, September, & October for the release of her new book Invisible Touch. Go HERE for details & to enter. Ends August 30; September 30; October 30.

Book Divas is giving away The Fruit of my Lipstick ending September 8th: HERE

Author CK Kelly Martin has a great contest going for a signed copy of I Know It's Over, a IKIO poster & some other fabulous stuff: HERE through Sept 23

Reading Keeps You Sane has a Belated 100th Post Contest going on right HERE until Sept 5th for your choice of Chloe Doe ARC; Jet Set ARC (I love that book, btw); I Heat You, You Haunt Me; Such a Pretty Girl; The Big Game of Everything; Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist


Presenting Lenore is giving three winners Big Splash HERE ends Sept 5th

Traci's Book Bag is giving away two ARC copies of Eric Van Lustbader's First Daughter (ends Aug 31st): HERE (believe this isn't YA)

Bookluver Carol has a contest, too, for one of the following books: Puppy Love by Nancy Krulik, Kiss my Book ARC by Jamie Michaels, or Outside Beauty by Cynthia Kadohata. It's HERE and ends August 30th

Author Cynthia Leitich Smith has a contest for a few copies of Immortal (a new book with stories by her, Rachel Caine, Claudia Gray, Richelle Mead, etc...that I really want because it's a Borders exclusive and I have no Borders w/in an hour and a half drive). That's HERE and ends the 30th

Allison's Attic of Books has an ARC of The 19th Wife HERE and this one ends August 29th (not YA, I'm pretty sure)

Midnight Twilight's Book Blog has Sophie Tallbot's Fabulous Terrible HERE (8-29, too)

Amberkatze's Book Blog has a contest for Caitlin Kittredge books HERE (not YA)

and an ARC of the American Widow at Reading with Monie HERE until the 31st


J Kaye's Book Blog has James Patterson's You've Been Warned HERE till the 27th

Avon & The Sak have Book in a Bag each month HERE

Bookluver Carol's monthly contest HERE



and I believe everything else already ended :(

I'll try to post some actual reviews soon--I have actually been reading, so there are things to post (Tropical storms and another major thing have just taken up a lot of my time and ability to do so) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...