Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books from Santa


This week's Ten:
Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree

I decided to focus on Nonfiction Books - mainly biographies - because I have been listening to a lot of them lately but I hate that when I'm listening it's so hard to highlight/bookmark/otherwise note quotes, facts, etc  would like to remember. I think having some print (or ebook) copies of these for reading would be great.




Fever by Mary Beth Keane



The Six: The Lives of the Mitford Sisters (aka Take Six Girls) by Laura Thompson



The Wicked Boy: The Mystery of a Victorian Child Murderer by Kate Summerscale


Eleanor Roosevelt, Vol 1, 1884-1933 by Blanche Wiesen Cook


Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis: The Untold Story by Barbara Leaming


Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War by Karen Abbott

and number ten will require some sort of Santa magic because I can't remember/figure out the title or subject (oops!). I know it's written by a woman, it's a biography, it's about a man and I read about it somewhere and thought it sounded really interesting. Not much at all to go on but I'll figure it out sooner or later. (I thought I'd added it to Goodreads but maybe not.)




Please leave a comment and let me know what books you'd like to receive this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...