Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday [@goldywrites @scholastic]

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

My pick for this week:



KILL THE BOY BAND by Goldy Moldavsky

From debut author Goldy Moldavsky, the story of four superfan friends whose devotion to their favorite boy band has darkly comical and murderous results.

Okay, so just know from the start that it wasn't supposed to go like this. All we wanted was to get near The Ruperts, our favorite boy band.

We didn't mean to kidnap one of the guys. It kind of, sort of happened that way. But now he's tied up in our hotel room. And the worst part of all, it's Rupert P. All four members of The Ruperts might have the same first name, but they couldn't be more different. And Rupert P. is the biggest flop out of the whole group.

We didn't mean to hold hostage a member of The Ruperts, I swear. At least, I didn't. We are fans. Okay, superfans who spend all of our free time tweeting about the boys and updating our fan tumblrs. But so what, that's what you do when you love a group so much it hurts.

How did it get this far? Who knows. I mean midterms are coming up. I really do not have time to go to hell.

published February 23rd by Point

add to your Goodreads shelf // pre-order from Book Depo // or Amazon


Why?



The name Rupert is probably always going to make me think of Rupert Giles from Buffy, but I am kind of loving the idea of a boy band named The Ruperts - where they are each named Rupert!


Then, that the group of girls are superfans who don't mean to kidnap one of the Ruperts, but "It kind of, sort of happened that way"? I very much need to know how you kind of happen to kidnap a member of a famous boy band and hold him hostage.

I mean, how? 

Also, that they're still worried about (or even aware of) their midterms? I have some definite questions about these girls, but also cannot wait to read about what they get up to. (And the why/how/hunh?! of it all, of course.)

This sounds like a fun, maybe funny, perhaps dark and likely drama filled read. It is one I am looking forward to.

The cover also has me intrigued. I almost don't like it but at the same time, I do like that it's simple and stark. It definitely gets that title in your face.




That's my pick for this week, what's yours? Tell me in the comments and/or link me to your own post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...