Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Book Quotes


This week's Ten:
Top Ten Twelve Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So
(some of these may be, at least, slightly spoilery!)

~~~
“I didn't have the luxury of taking reality for granted. And I wouldn't say I hated people who did, because that's just about everyone. I didn't hate them. They didn't live in my world. But that never stopped me from wishing I lived in theirs.”
Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
~~~

~~~
“She is listening to her music, but I am listening to the world end. I just don’t know which one.”
– The Unquiet by Michaela Everett
~~~

~~~
“It's my experience that people are a lot more sympathetic if they can see you hurting, and for the millionth time in my life I wish for measles or smallpox or some other easily understood disease just to make it easier on me and also on them.”
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
~~~

~~~
“He thought the feud was live ash a boot heel could stomp out. He didn’t notice it burning down both their houses.”
The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore
~~~

~~~
“You had a pile of rocks, and you cleaned them up pretty and made a necklace. Meg got jewels, and she hung herself with them.”
I Was Here by Gayle Forman
~~~

~~~
“’Doesn’t that book always make you cry?’
‘One day it won’t,’ I say. ‘I want to be sure to be reading it on that day.’”
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
~~~

~~~
“Over the next hour and a half, I came to the conclusion that Emilia Rhodes was either the devil incarnate or the second coming of Coco Chanel.
She suggested the second option herself.”
The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
~~~

~~~
"...to a cul-de-sac where rainbows and unicorns came to die."
-Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
~~~

~~~
"I made a . . . what did Bernie call it? Mental note? Yes. I made a mental note to . . . do whatever you did with mental notes."
-Scents and Sensibility by Spencer Quinn
~~~

~~~
"'What can I say? I merely wish to smoke. Sparky can forgive that. You, on the other hand, wish to know things. And no one can forgive a girl for that.'"
-These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
~~~

~~~
“If anybody was more than 99 percent stardust, it was Kit.”
Watch the Sky by Kirsten Hubbard
~~~

~~~
“That's so not your business, it almost punches clean past the event horizon of Not Your Business and becomes Your Business again."
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
~~~

Please leave a comment and let me know your top book quotes of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...