Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday


This week's Ten: Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Whose Lives Are Impacted by Mental Illness (their own/a family member/or friend's) (are musically inclined, have lost someone, have depression, who grow up poor, etc.)

Hold Still by Nina LaCour ~ Goodreads || Review
A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler ~ Goodreads || Review
All the Bright Places by  Jennifer Niven ~ Goodreads
The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand ~ Goodreads
Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman ~ Goodreads || Review
Made You Up by  Francesca Zappia  ~ Goodreads
I Was Here by Gayle Forman ~ Goodreads
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios ~ Goodreads || Review
By the Time You Read This I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters ~ Goodreads
Kiss of Broken Glass by Madeline Kuderick  ~ Goodreads || Review

I have read eight of these ten and have plans to read the other two soon. They're not particularly easy books to read but they're still so good. They are honest and emotional and unforgettable.


[You can reach the National Alliance on Mental Ilness (NAMI) Information HelpLine at 1-800-950-NAMI. The Veterans Crisis Line can be reached by calling 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1) or texting to 828355.]

Please leave a comment, let me know if you've read any of these or if you have any other recommendations, I would love to hear about either/both!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read Challenger Deep! Nice list, I've seen a few of these characters with mental illness lists this week and they've all been really different.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/top-ten-tuesdays-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these, but I did just recently buy I Was Here, so hopefully will be reading that one soon. Really good choice of topic for this week, an important one too. Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...