Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

My pick for this week:


THE FIXER by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
When sixteen-year-old Tess Kendrick is sent to live with her older sister, Ivy, she has no idea that the infamous Ivy Kendrick is Washington D.C.'s #1 “fixer,” known for making politicians' scandals go away for a price. No sooner does Tess enroll at Hardwicke Academy than she unwittingly follows in her sister's footsteps and becomes D.C.'s premier high school fixer, solving problems for elite teens.

Secrets pile up as each sister lives a double life. . . . until their worlds come crashing together and Tess finds herself in the middle of a conspiracy with one of her classmates and a client of Ivy's. Suddenly, there is much more on the line than good grades, money, or politics, and the price for this fix might be more than Tess is willing to pay.

Perfect for fans of Pretty Little Liars and Heist Society, readers will be clamoring for more in this exciting new series.


published July 7, 2015 by Bloomsbury Children

add to your Goodreads shelf // pre-order from Book Depo // or Amazon


Why?

Jennifer Lynn Barnes is on the short list that I have of authors that no matter what the summary, no matter the genre, no matter, really, the age range, etc if they're publishing something, I'm going to read it.

What's even better than just that, though, is The Fixer sounds like a book I would want to read even if I didn't know and/or like the author and their writing.

July really can't come soon enough!



That's my pick for this week, what's yours? Tell me in the comments and/or link me to your own post!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds really interesting! Really good pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing this one around. I hear the author is really good. Great pick this week!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for a new book by Jennifer Lynn Barnes! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! I've actually not read anything by this author before, but to hear you say that she's on your auto-buy list makes me know she's worth checking out! Have a great week!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard about this book until now and I can't believe it! It sounds so intriguing, I'll definitely keep my eye out for this one. Thanks for sharing!

    Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Book

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...