Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday


This week's Ten: Ten Book Related Problems I Have (could be serious or fun!)
  1. Unclear Series Order - I hate, hate, hate when I buy and/or read about a book, only to find out that it's Book X in a series (X being not 1). It usually involves spoilers for that first book which I don't like. I also hate when book order either isn't listed in a book or it's unclear.

    (The cover for Alex London's Guardian is one of my favorites for letting you know it's a sequel [to Proxy].)
  2. Forgetting What Happened in the Previous Book - A lot of times I read a book, love it, get super excited when the sequel comes out, start reading it . . . Only to discover I don't remember that earlier book as much as I thought I did. Usually it works out because the author does a great job, but it's a problem I have (with me).
  3. Judging Books by their Covers - No, it's not fair. Yes, I know I shouldn't do it, but I still do. I pick up books I likely never would have if I love the cover and probably don't give enough attention to books with less than stellar covers.
  4. Owning Too Many Books - So, I don't really think it's too many but space-wise, it probably is. -
  5. My TBR Shelf Size - The amount of books I add to it in any given week/month/year far exceeds the number I am able to read in that same period.
  6. Characters Are Fictional - No duh, right? But sometimes I really, really, really want to magic them into being. Really.
  7. Being Overprotective of My Books - I'm horrible about this if it's one I haven't read yet (I recognize it, but it'snot going to change) and am only a little better if it's one I've read. Bent/otherwise damaged covers, paperbacks that stay open, bent pages, etc.
  8. Really, Really Wanting - Maybe Even Needing - You to Read Book X - If I truly love a book, think it has something to say, want to talk about it with someone, or some combination of the three, I can be really persistent (maybe even annoying/obnoxious) about pushing people to read that book.
  9. Trouble Reading Similar Books at the Same Time/In a Row - I can get the characters traits, history, relationship and/or events in books confused if I read books with similar characters at the same time or one after the other.
  10. Narrator Issues - This one is, obviously, only in regards to audio books. There are some books that I haven't yet read - though I wanted to - because something about the narrator just did. not. work. for me. For whatever reason, I seem less likely to read these as print/ebooks than I am other titles.

Did you make your own Top Ten Tuesday post? Link me to it! If you didn't but you have Book Related Problems, let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...