Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Can't Believe I Haven't Read


This week's Ten:  Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I Haven't/Want To Read From X Genre

The genre I've picked for my ten books is Historical Fiction and here's the list:

  1. The Secret Life of Josephine: Napoleon's Bird of Paradise by Carolly Erickson - I think I actually own this one and I really enjoyed her other novels The Last Wife of Henry VIII and The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette. I like the more personal, intimate glimpse into these famous, historical women's lives.
  2. Her Dark Curiosity (The Madman's Daughter #2) by Megan Shepherd - I actually started the audio book of this one but was losing my place too often so I need to get back to it. I loved the first book.
  3. anything by Philippa Gregory - It just seems weird that I haven't read any of her books, yet
  4. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - I've only heard good things about this one and I just got it from the library so I should be able to read it soon
  5. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - I am really intrigued by what it's about (and the one episode I saw of the show) and have heard some really good things about it, too
  6. The Tsarina's Daughter by Carolly Erickson - see all of the reasons given for #1 and add in that it's about the Romanovs
  7. the rest of The Dark Queen Saga by Susan Carroll - I have the first four books and (I hate to admit it!) I'm not sure if I've read the first two or three of them . . . but I want to finish
  8. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen - I meant to read this back when it was first released but jsut never have
  9. The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson - A Countess Below Stairs was so good but I still haven't read any of her other books
  10. more of Alison Weir's fiction - I really loved Innocent Traitor and her subsequent fiction titles have definitely caught my eye, I just haven't read any so far

Have you read any of these? 

Are there any Historical Fiction books you think I need to add?

And, as always, if you have your own Top Ten Tuesday post, link me to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...