Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waiting On Wendesday

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

Here's my Waiting on Wednesday pick:   Insomnia by J.R. Johansson 


It’s been four years since I slept, and I suspect it is killing me.

Instead of sleeping, Parker Chipp enters the dream of the last person he’s had eye contact with. He spends his nights crushed by other people’s fear and pain, by their disturbing secrets—and Parker can never have dreams of his own. The severe exhaustion is crippling him. If nothing changes, Parker could soon be facing psychosis and even death.

Then he meets Mia. Her dreams, calm and beautifully uncomplicated, allow him blissful rest that is utterly addictive. Parker starts going to bizarre lengths to catch Mia’s eye every day. Everyone at school thinks he’s gone over the edge, even his best friend. And when Mia is threatened by a true stalker, everyone thinks it’s Parker.

Suffering blackouts, Parker begins to wonder if he is turning into someone dangerous. What if the monster stalking Mia is him after all?

I'm still loving thrillers (don't really see that going away, actually) and I love finding new/upcoming YA ones. I also, perhaps weirdly, love books dealing with sleep issues . . . they seem to fascinate me and this one looks like it uses it really well. It looks to actually take into account that lack of sleep would seriously effect someone.

Can't wait! (Out June 8th, 2013, published by Flux - Goodreads page/pre-order from Book Depo/or Amazon)


Link me to your post, if you'd like. I love discovering new books!

2 comments:

  1. Woah, that sounds cool! Unique, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds like such an intense thriller! I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR list!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...