Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme
hosted by Breaking the Spine




Pivot Point by Kasie West


Reminiscent of the movie Sliding Doors, Pivot Point is about a girl who has the power to Search alternate futures. When faced with a life changing decision, she lives out six weeks of two different lives (in alternating chapters), both holding the potential for love and loss, and must ultimately choose which path she is willing to live through.

I remember liking Sliding Doors back whenever I saw it and I've always wished there were more 'what if you made choice x instead of y' books, movies or shows.

Aside from time travel, alternate futures is my favorite underutilized plot device. The two can overlap, but I do love them individually.

So, there's great potential for me to enjoy Pivot Point when HarperTeen releases it on February 12, 2013.

add Pivot Point to your Goodreads / pre-order from TBD / or from Amazon


What are you Waiting On this week?

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this book! I love the cover. Great pick!

    Waiting on Wednesday

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty great cover - love the reflection element in it :) Thanks for the comment (and sorry for the delayed reply)

      Delete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...