Friday, April 6, 2012

Video Veneris

Today's trailer is for a movie adapted from a book:

Trishna is a modern day adaptation of Thomas Hardy's Tess of the D'Urbervilles but moves the story to Rajasthan, India.

I read Tess in school and while I only vaguely remember it (sorry, school!) I do remember that it was one of the have-to-read-for-school-and-might-not-have-read-otherwise that I liked and was glad we were assigned. I think I'll check this movie out at some point :)

(Though, by the looks of the trailer, I'm not sure it's one schools will be showing alongside their reading of the Hardy classic.)

 

Frieda Pinto stars as Trishna, Riz Ahmed as Jay and it opens in the US on July 13th . (IMDb/release dates)


In other movie-ness, anyone see Titanic in 3-D?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...