Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday ~ Daughter of Smoke & Bone

It's hard to pick just one book a week with all of the end of summer/start of fall book releases I keep discovering!!

For whatever reason, I thought this book was coming out much later than it is...The 'this' book is Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.

Here is the synopsis (via Goodreads):
Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages--not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.

When one of the strangers--beautiful, haunted Akiva--fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?


I really loved Laini Taylor's previous book, Lips Touch: Three Times. I loved the creativity of the three stories and how they were written. I am so ready to read a new book by her . . .

(and the cover is different, but I love it)


October 3, 2011 from Little Brown Books for Young Readers

2 comments:

  1. Aha, I recognise this book! I think my country must have a head start on yours, because I've already read this one! Mwahaha, I feel evil now =] I've reviewed it here: http://ramblings-of-a-teenage-novelist.blogspot.com/2011/05/review-daughter-of-smoke-and-bone-by.html

    Hope you like it when you get it! And that you don't have too long to wait... !
    ~West xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Westrina

    Ooh, you're lucky! I'll have to check out your review to see what your thought :D

    Have fun feeling evil!!

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...