Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday ~ Bad Taste in Boys

How, how I ask you has this not been my Waiting On Wednesday book?! (I even searched twice to be sure, it really hasn't!)

Not only do I really, really, really want to read a YA zombie book right now, not only has Twitter made me love Carrie Harris, not only am I probably going to have to make pink frosted cupcakes with huge sugar crystals on them when I make my bacon cupcakes later this month (trust me, that does make sense!), not only does Bad Taste in Boys have one of the bestestestest covers ever, BUT have you read the super fun synopsis?

It's like it puts together all the fantastic elements of the zombie-ness, the cover's awesomeness and the 'I-Want-to-Read-It-Now'ness and actually justifies it! Behold:
Someone's been a very bad zombie.

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steroids are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate!

She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town . . . and stay hormonally human.

Due out July 12, 2011 from Delacorte Press
(how do they have so many amazing books coming out this summer and yet I get zero books from them? It's a travesty, a travesty I tell you! Well, not really-but right now it seems like it.)

On Goodreads and on Amazon for adding to you shelves either literally or figuratively--or both!

6 comments:

  1. This one looks fun---and I love that cover! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is gorgeous!

    If you are looking for a zombie book, try The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan! (If you haven't already.) It's an amazing series, and the the next (final) book is going to be released soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cari
    Does it not look absolutely, completely, amazingly awesome?!

    @Little Miss Becky
    Thank you! The cover is what first drew me to it. Cant' wait for it to come out :)

    @Lindsi
    I actually just got the Forest of Hands and Teeth from the library and I'm planning on starting it soon!



    Thank you for stopping by and for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Book Sp(l)ot It does look amazing and I follow Carrie on twitter she is so funny!

    I have Forest of Hands and Teeth but haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cari

    I'm sort of listening to Forest of Hands and Teeth on audio (I've only had a few minutes at a time to listen and that's not getting me anywhere!)

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...