Friday, February 26, 2010

Dark Divine Polish Contest!

DARK DIVINE NAIL POLISH CONTEST

To celebrate the release of Bree Despain's The Dark Divine, a nail polish was created to match the marvelous purple color on the novel's cover (see?)I'm sure a lot of you already know that. What you might not know about is another great thing that has happened to The Dark Divine recently: Barnes & Noble has it as one of their Bookseller picks on their site.

And in celebration of Bree Despain's book being a B&N recommended book, I get to host a giveaway of the Dark Divine nail polish!



Prize: A bottle of brand new Dark Divine nail polish.
Who's Eligible: Only people 13+ in the US this time
How to Enter: For this one you have to do a little more than post 'enter me.' In keeping with one of the themes of the book, you'll have to post something about forgiveness--either why you think it's such an important part of life or an example/story of a time you've had to forgive someone for something difficult. :)

The best answer (as chosen by yours truly) wins and the first answer (following the rules) wins...and since I thought I was getting two to give away but I might be getting three, someone else might win, too. And spread the word, too.

update: If you'd rather email your entry to me, that's fine too: book.splot[at]gmail[dot]com, just leave a comment letting me know you're doing son.

Starts: Now, February 26, 2010
Ends: new deadline: March 21, 12: 01 am (extended!)

Don't forget to include your email in your comment so I have some way to contact you if you win! Winners will have 72 hours to get back to me.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great contest and I'm glad you told me about it on my blog, so thanks so much!

    I think forgiveness is hard. It's almost like an emotion in a way. Most of the time, I walk around school and even at home, doing things that I don't want to do. But I never tell anyone about it or even stop doing the things I dislike because I know that it makes other people happy. But then I started asking myself: why should I go around pleasing others and not myself? I think I had to forgive myself for doing that, even if it was hard. And it's true, forgiving yourself is one of the hardest things to do. And now that I try to please myself more now, I feel like I dissapoint people and my parents and I have to continue forgiving.

    I think that's why I loved this book so much, because I could relate to Grace. Thanks for having this amazing contest!

    My email address is:
    morgansact (at) comcast (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, forgiveness. This is a tough topic for me. In freshman year, my friend since sixth grade and I grew apart from how close we had been before. I felt as though we couldn't connect anymore. Once the year was over, I received a heart breaking email over the summer from her stating that she had moved away due to trouble within her family and quite literally telling me that we would never see each other again.

    That summer, I learned to forgive her for not telling me what had happened in her family, and to forgive both her and myself for allowing our relationship to drift apart in the final time we had together. It kills to lose someone that quickly. And though we remained in contact for a while, it was hard to continue being friends over the long distance, which, again, I have had to forgive life itself for being so difficult to us and keeping us apart when we needed each other most.

    Thank you for the contest,
    barbrafl737 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...