Sunday, December 20, 2009

Chicago

I think I finally, fully know what being homesick means--because I am it, I am homesick. And when that home is Chicago, lots of things can remind you of it*, so after reading lots of Chicago set books and finally finding a deep dish pizza to eat (but so far no snow to play in), I decided a post was in order :)


So, find yourself a great deep dish pizza (Giordano's ships--seriously) or Chicago style hot dog (though I'm still not exactly clear on what all that entails) and check out (or buy!) one of these great Chicago-y books for reading while you warm up from the snow:















Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert (my review here)
Firespell: A Novel of the Dark Elite by Chloe Neill (on my IMM tomorrow and review soon)
Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten (review soon)
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (and I think Leaving Paradise is set there, too) (also reviewed soon)
I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert (my review here)


*Or, maybe everything because when I tried to do something mindless and watch a movie on TV, it was The Ruins and one of the characters ended up being from Winnetka which is by where I used to live and then Cheaper by the Dozen was on and they movie to Evanston :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...