Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday

Beautiful by Amy Lynn Reed

When thirteen-year-old Cassie moves to a suburb of Seattle, she is determined to leave her boring, good-girl existence behind. She chooses some dangerous new friends and is quickly caught up in their fast-paced world of drugs, sex, secrets, and cruelty. Cassie's new existence both thrills and terrifies her. She embraces the numbness she feels from the drugs, starts sleeping with an older boy, and gets pulled into a twisted friendship triangle that is tinged with violence and abuse. Cassie is trapped in a swift downward spiral, and there's no turning back.

I know a few other people have posted this for the WoW's but I really want to read it, too. I moved a lot-and to quite a few different schools and I'm really interested in reading a book about a girl who moves to a new school and decides to re-invent herself. I'd love to see how the author approaches the subject and whether it's realistic based on my experiences...or not. (Not that I don't think it could be enjoyable either way, though-but I would be interested to find out.)

And I'd probably have a different point of view with some parts of this book than most others (who haven't had the opportunity to start out at new schools/thought about trying to be someone new/different after moving somewhere new/different) so I'd love to review it!!


Released: October 06, 2009

2 comments:

  1. I think this sounds like a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm probably going to have this as my WoW one week! It reminds me of the movie Thirteen a bit. Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...