Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble

Sixteen year old Anne thinks her life is pretty ordinary – until she smacks into handsome, mysterious, and okay, annoying Ethan on her way to chemistry class. Now Anne has powers she doesn’t understand, a history altering mission she may not want, and a growing attraction to this blue-eyed stranger. And Ethan- who at eighteen made some choices he’s starting to regret – realizes that Anne is the girl for whom he’s been searching – for a very, very long time. Stir in doomed Russian Grand Duchess Anastasia – who is definitely not quite as dead as the history books say – and Baba Yaga, the legendary witch from Russian folklore, and you’ve got DREAMING ANASTASIA, a contemporary YA fantasy that alternates between the voices of Anne, Ethan, and Anastasia as Anne and Ethan join forces to battle the bad guys and save Anastasia. Only problem is – no one’s quite sure who’s really bad and who’s good. And everyone has some secrets.



I not only adore this cover but the summary! I love Russian history/folklore and have a few books on Anastasia Czar Nicholas' family so I know some of the historical side of things and would love to read a fiction book with some of that in it. (Duchess Below Stairs was one and I loved it so I really am interested in this story as well--especially as it's so different but contains some of the same historical elements).



I want this book!!



(September 1, 2009)



*Summary from Joy Preble's website

3 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes! I so want this book too! Amazing cover and title and amazing premise! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this one as well. It sounds amazing and I love the cover....that girl's dress is so cute. Me want. LOL

    -Lauren

    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2009/06/wish-list-wednesday-some-are-out-some.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ GreenBeanTeenQueen
    Isn't it just the best cover? Part of me wants it to be coming out tomorrow but then summer'd be over, so... ;)

    @ Lauren
    It is pretty cute :) It drives me crazy when I want something off a book cover or somewhere els that I can't find out where it's actually from!

    and I love the cover (and description) of The Year I Turned 16 off your list on that link

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...