Monday, December 12, 2011

In My Mailbox Monday & Book Drive Info

Not much is better than getting an armful of boxes from the UPS delivery woman - unless one of those is sealed up with taped that says 'New Releases,' that is!

Received this week:






Magic of the Moonlight (Full Moon #2) by Ellen Schreiber add it on Goodreads
If We Kiss by Rachel Vail add it on Goodreads or buy it on Amazon
(has a different/new cover but I couldn't find it online)
The Amanda Project: Book 3: Shattered by Amanda Valentino & Laurie Faria Stolarz add it on Goodreads or buy it on Amazon
The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Weingarten add it on Goodreads or buy in on Amazon
I don't seem to have reviewed it, but I loved Wherever Nina Lies so I'm really excited to read this - think I actually just commented on someone's blog that I was a bit envious that they had it to read ;-)
(all from Harper for review consideration-thank you!)

then from Think Jam/20th Century Fox I got:




Snow Flower & The Secret Fan
Mr Popper's Penguins


This has nothing to do with books that came to me . . but Barnes and Noble is having its' annual Holiday Book Drive. Each store has a local organization that benefits from the drive. It's really easy, too. You go in the store, pick a card with an age on it (0-2 years, 5-6 years, 13-14 years, etc) find a book you like for that age range, purchase it and they put it with the other books and then later take them all to whatever the organization is and give it to the kids/teens.

This past weekend I bought Miranda Kenneally's Catching Jordan for my local store's Drive - it's new, I know my library doesn't have it (the organization getting the books helps families from my county and one other, and its gotten great reviews.

I hope in your holiday shopping you'll consider B&N's Holiday Book Drive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...